Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Virat Kohli cannot replace Dhoni’s Captaincy:- Shahid Afridi

Report, Karachi :- Pakistan all rounder Shahid Afridi  said, ” Virat Kohli is too emotional as a leader and it will take him some time to fill in the captaincy void left by Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s retirement from Test cricket “
“I am a big fan of Virat Kohli’s cricketing skills but he needs to improve as a leader of the pack.”
Virat Kohli cannot replace Dhoni's Captaincy:- Shahid Afridi
Virat Kohli cannot replace Dhoni’s Captaincy:- Shahid Afridi


Virat Kohli will lead the Indian side at Sydney from 6th January as a regular skipper after Dhoni’s immediate retirement.
“I felt disappointed to learn about Dhoni’s retirement decision because he is a fighting character and has been a great leader for Indian cricket. He has led many times from the front for them,” he said.

“Dhoni has changed the face of Indian cricket and took them to the pinnacle of success and his captaincy will be missed by the Indian team. He has led them well in all formats,” Pakistan 2011 World Cup, skipper said in a TV Channel
The present Pakistan T20 skipper Afridi announced recently that he will retire from ODI cricket after the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 in Australia and New Zealand.
“Even I if I have a great World Cup I will not take back my retirement decision because it is final and I took it after much thought. I have seen a lot of top players being forced to retire in not very pleasant circumstances and I don’t want that happening to me,” he added.
He concluded in a way that no one from the PCB contacted him after the announcement of his retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment